MGA Wall Mount Air Conditioners
MGA3090A - MGA3120A
Marvair’s wall mount air conditioners are used primarily to cool electronic and mechanical equipment shelters (E-Houses). Due to the high internal heat load, these shelters require cooling even when outside temperatures are 60°F (15°C) and
below. Marvair air conditioners have the necessary controls and components for operation during these temperatures. All models feature dual compressors and have a minimum 10 EER and use the non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant.
Marvair wall mount air conditioners are installed on the exterior of the building – no interior space is required. Two openings in the wall allow for the conditioned (supply) air to be discharged into the building and for the indoor air to return
to the air conditioner in top supply or reverse flow configurations.
A sealed condenser fan motor permits operation in hot, dusty environments.
The direct drive backward inclined motorized impeller evaporator motor provides high aerodynamic efficiency in a compact design. The optimized blade geometry provides excellent air flow at a minimum of sound. Direct drive eliminates all belts and pulleys.
Scroll compressors with R-410A refrigerant ensures years of efficient and dependable service, even in the harshest of operating conditions. When outside air is required to provide pressurization or cooling, an economizer or fresh air dampers can be
➤ MGA High Efficiency Models
- EER: 10.0
- Cooling Capacities: 90-120 tons (90,000-120,000 BTUH)
- Designed for Operation in Low Ambient Conditions
- Low ambient control cycles condenser fan to maintain proper refrigerant pressures. Allows operation in mechanical cooling (compressor) of our standard air conditioners down to 20°F (-7°C). With the Extreme Duty option, the
units will operate down to 0°F (-18°C). Note: low temperature operation is affected by ambient conditions, e.g. wind and humidity
- Three minute by-pass of the low pressure switch for start-up of compressor when outdoor temperatures are below 55°F (13°C)
- Factory built-in economizer (Economizer equipped models only)
- Factory wired for maximum cooling operation utilizing both compressors. A factory installed jumper can be removed for 2-stage compressor operation.
- High efficiency compressor
- Lanced fins standard on all evaporator and condenser coils
- High pressure switch and low pressure switch with lockout protects refrigerant circuit
- Adjustable .03 to ten minute delay on make for short cycle protection
- Remote Alarm Capability
- Dry contacts can be used for remote alarm or notification upon air conditioner lockout
Ease of Installation
- Sloped top with flashing eliminates need of rainhood
- Side access panels on economizer equipped models for easy access to electrical connections
- Built-in mounting flanges facilitate installation and minimize chance of water leaks
- Supply and return openings exactly match previous models
- Factory installed disconnect on all units
- Single Point Power Entry complies with latest edition of U.L. Standard 1995
- Copper tube, aluminum fin evaporator & condenser coils
- Field or factory installed heaters on discharge side of evaporator coil (optional)
- Baked on neutral beige finish over galvanneal steel for maximum cabinet life (Other finishes are available)
Ease of Service
- Service access valves are standard
- Standard 2” (50 mm) pleated filter with a MERV rating of 8 changeable from outside
- All major components are readily accessible
- Front Control Panel allows easy access and complies with NEC clearance codes on redundant side-by-side systems
- LEDs indicate operational status and fault conditions.
- Foiled backed insulation on the indoor air path.
- A minimum position potentiometer that can be adjusted to prevent the economizer damper from closing completely. This control ensures that whenever the evaporator fan is operating, fresh air is being introduced into the building.
Safety Listed and Energy Certified
All Marvair air conditioners are built to UL standard 1995, latest edition and CAN/CSA C22.2, No. 236-11. For energy efficiency and performance, the units are tested and rated in accordance to the current ANSI/ARI (Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute)
Standard 390 (Single Package Vertical Units). All units meet or exceed the efficiency requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.2010. Marvair MGA air conditioners are commercial units and are not intended for use in residential applications.
For detailed specifications, performance, and efficiency information, download the Product Data Sheet from the document list on this page.