ECUA120/150/180/240 & ECUDA180/240/300/360
Industrial Climate Engineering’s air conditioners are used primarily to cool electronic and mechanical equipment shelters (E-Houses). Due to the high internal heat load, these shelters require cooling even when outside temperatures are 60°F (15°C) and below. The ICE air conditioners have the necessary controls and components for operation during these temperatures. All models use the non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant.
The ICE air conditioners are installed on the exterior of the building – no interior space is required. Two openings in the wall allow for the conditioned (supply) air to be discharged into the building and for the indoor air to return to the air conditioner.
A sealed condenser fan motor permits operation in hot, dusty environments. The saw tooth fan blade delivers both excellent efficiency and extremely quiet operation.
The direct drive backward inclined motorized impellor evaporator motor provides high aerodynamic efficiency in a compact design. The optimized blade geometry provides excellent air flow at a minimum of sound. Direct drive eliminates all belts and pulleys. A scroll compressor with R-410A refrigerant ensures years of dependable service even in the harshest of operating conditions. When outside air is required to provide pressurization, optional fresh air dampers can be field installed in openings in both the left and right side panels. When no outside air is desired, these openings are covered with blank-off panels.
A full range of options and accessories are available, including fresh air dampers for positive pressurization, corrosion protection packages and dual compressors.
Designed for Operation in High and Low Ambient Conditions
- Low ambient control cycles the condenser fan to maintain proper refrigerant pressures.
- Hot gas bypass valve provides for precise capacity control in the cooling mode and to protect against coil freeze up during low load conditions.
- Freeze sensor on the indoor coil prevents frost caused by a loss of air flow or restrictive duct work.
- Three minute by-pass of the low pressure switch for start-up of compressor when outdoor temperatures are below 55°F (13°C).
- Designed for operation up to 131°F (55°C).
- Thermal Expansion Valve improves efficiency and cooling capacity at both high and low ambient temperatures.
- High efficiency scroll compressor.
- Lanced fins on the evaporator and condenser coils improve heat transfer.
Ease of Installation
- Sloped top with flashing eliminates need of rainhood.
- Built-in mounting flanges facilitate installation and minimize chance of water leaks.
- Supply and air return openings match many competitive models.
- Factory installed disconnect on all units.
- Single Point Power Entry complies with latest edition of U.L. Standard 1995.
- Optional Stainless Steel side plates with lifting eyes provide safe and secure method for moving the unit.
- High pressure switch and low pressure switch with lockout protects refrigerant circuit.
- Adjustable .03 to ten minute delay on make for short cycle protection.
- Phase Monitor - Continuously measures the voltage of each of the three phases. The monitor separately senses low and high voltage, voltage unbalance including phase loss and phase reversal. A red LED glows to indicate a fault. When all voltages are acceptable, a green LED glows. Automatically resets when voltages and phases are within operating tolerances.
Note: Not required on 1ø units.
- High temperature switch on the compressor discharge line protects the compressor in the event of a complete loss of refrigerant.
Internal motor overloads on the evaporator motor, the condenser motor and the compressor.
Remote Alarm Capability
- Dry contacts can be used for remote alarm or notification upon air conditioner lockout.
- Copper tube, aluminum fin evaporator & condenser coils.
- Field or factory installed heaters on discharge side of evaporator coil (optional)
- Baked on neutral gray finish over galvanneal steel for maximum cabinet life. (Other finishes are available.)
Ease of Service
- ECUA120/150 - the upper panel opens to the left or the right to facilitate access to the control box and the evaporator motor and coil. This panel can also be easily removed. As an option, these panels can be locked. Stainless steel hinges on the right side of the lower panel allow access to the compressor compartment.
- ECUDA180/240/300/360 - Stainless steel hinges on the outer side of the two upper panels facilitate access to the control box and the evaporator motor and coil. As an option, these panels can be locked. Stainless steel hinges on the outer side side of each lower panel allow access to the compressor compartment.
- Service access valves are standard.
- Standard 2” (50 mm) pleated filter with a MERV rating of 8 changeable from outside.
- All major components are readily accessible.
- Front Control Panel allows easy access and complies with NEC clearance codes on redundant side-by-side systems.
- LEDs indicate operational status and fault conditions.
- Foiled backed insulation on the indoor air path.
- Sight glass indicates proper refrigerant charge and, if ever required, facilitates charging the unit in the field.
For detailed specifications, performance, and efficiency information, download the Product Data Sheet from the document list on this page.